Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weekend Wisdom: Brow Beauty

Perfecting the shape of your eyebrows is quite the task! Each shape will vary from person to person, depending on their face/eye shape and bone structure.

Here are a few different shapes..

You will have to play around with a few different shapes to see which fits best for your face/eye shape. I suggest using a brow pencil to test different angles and arches instead of waxing or plucking the different shapes, that could take forever AND can set you up for some serious brow disfigurement!

Sephora sells a wonderful "Arch It Brow Kit" which you can get here for $11! As you can see in the photo below there are a few different arch shapes you can stencil and test out:


Personally, I do not get my eyebrows waxed. Partially because I do not trust anyone else to consistently frame my brows, but also because it is expense to have them done! I would rather spend that money on some new makeup or shoes ;) ...That being said, I pluck my eyebrows with  tweezers (Revlon).

When plucking or waxing your brows, make sure that you keep the length long enough. As seen in this photo, the start of the brow is at the inside corner of your eyelid, and it extends to the outside corner of your eye:


Even though my eyebrows are thick, I still use an eyebrow pencil to fill in the shape. I use this product:
I use medium brown color, but everyone will be different. Try to get a shade darker than your hair color, that will most likely be the color of your eyebrows. It is very important to match this perfectly otherwise it will look fake and painted on!

The final tip to share with you is to be consistent with your brows and keep it natural! 
Email me if you have questions, and as always, Stay Darling!