Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend Wisdom: Failing to Prepare is Preparing for Failure

Failing to Prepare is Preparing for Failure

Sunday rolls around every week, and I believe it is a day meant for rest and restoration. However, attempting to avoid the inevitable start of the work week would be foolish! So, I make sure I am PREPARED to be HEALTHY and make wise decisions all week! The key to a healthy life style is consistency and balance! I usually like to splurge on the weekends, but I make sure I eat pretty clean throughout the week - this usually comes out to eating clean and healthy 80% of the time and 20% splurge...

Darling Tip: What is a "splurge"? For me splurges are not as extreme as some may think. I usually avoid eating a TON of processed food, white flour and sugar most of the time so a splurge would be giving into that type of "junk". For example, on the weekends Ill "splurge" by replacing my typical salad for lunch with a yummy sandwich or a slice of vegi pizza! 

Anyway, back to Sundays prep! I prepare as much as I can for the upcoming weeks breakfasts, lunches, and snacks...I eat many small meals throughout the week. 

Breakfast is SO important! So I start off with some solid protein...
2 Hard boiled Egg-whites 
1 Banana with 1 tablespoon of low-fat peanut butter...oh and COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE!
Mid-morning Snack is a piece of fruit. Either an apple, or an orange.

Lunch is a yummy salad complete with:
Lettuce
Yellow, orange and red bell peppers slices.
Red Onion
1/4 cup of chickpeas 
1/4 serving of avocado
Dressing is balsamic vinegar.

Afternoon snack is fresh fruit with 1/4th cup light vanilla yogurt...so yum tastes like dessert!
Usually before dinner I'll have some lower-sugar oatmeal as a late afternoon snack...it's so important to not let yourself get TOO hungry!

Dinner varies from day to day but usually its some type of vegetable with hummus or chicken. 

Email me with any questions! Happy Sunday and don't forget to Prep to Stay Darling~